PUSD Parent Community Homeless Liaison
State Coordinator for Homeless Education
AZ Dept. of Education
PUSD Homeless Education Policy
Payson Unified School District follows Governing Board policy JFABD in registering homeless students.
Definition of homeless students
- Are sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason.
- Are living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camping grounds due to the lack of alternative adequate accommodations.
- Are abandoned in hospitals.
- Have a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings.
- Are living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar settings.
- Students who qualify as homeless because the children are living in circumstances described above.
Admission of homeless students:
- Students are immediately admitted to the school in which enrollment is sought, even if the student is unable to produce records normally required for enrollment, such as previous academic records, medical records, proof of residency, or other documentation.
- The District fully informs the parent or guardian of a homeless student, and any unaccompanied youth, of all transportation services.