Student Information Updates

Last Updated: 2/13/2024 8:15 PM

All existing PUSD students will automatically be rolled over to the next school year. However, the Arizona Department of Education still requires all Arizona schools to ask families on an annual basis if there are any changes to their address, phone, email, health, emergency contacts or legal documents. Some changes will require documentation to be provided before updates can be made.

To facilitate this process, PUSD offers a couple methods for a parent/guardian to update their student’s information:

  1. PREFERRED: Login to your Parent Portal and go to "More > Student Information Update" to submit changes during our Annual Update window (February-April).
  2. Go to your student’s school to provide new information and/or request changes.
  3. Call 928-472-2025 or go to the PUSD District Office to have the Central Registrar make changes.

If you are unable to log in to your Parent Grade Portal account, please use the "Forgot Username" and/or "Forgot Password" links on the PARENT PORTAL. You will receive an email shortly with instructions. Please reach out to your student’s school if you experience any issues.
Here is a list of documents that will need to be provided to the school before any changes can be made:

  • Proof of Residency  – ARS 15-802(b), requires school districts to obtain and maintain verifiable documentation of Arizona Residency upon enrollment in an Arizona public school. This documentation must be provided each time a student enrolls in a school, and reaffirmed annually. To be considered a valid proof of residency the document MUST include your CURRENT address.
    • Examples of acceptable proof include: (Please click here for a complete list)
    • Utilities Bill (gas, electric, water)
    • Purchase or Escrow Agreement
    • Lease or Rental Agreement
  • Affidavit of Shared Residency – If you are residing in the home of a relative or friend, you must provide an Affidavit of Shared Residency notarized by the owner/renter. The owner/renter of the home must provide the same proof of residency documentation noted above with the Affidavit.
  • Immunization Updates – All students in Arizona public schools must have proof of REQUIRED immunizations, or a valid exemption, in order to attend school. If anything has changed in the past year, please provide updated immunization records.
  • Legal Guardianship or Custodial Documents – Please provide any legal guardianship and/or custody documents regarding the student.

Please review your student’s information annually and notify the school as soon as possible of any changes. Lastly, if you know your student will not be returning to PUSD in the next school year, please notify your student’s school as soon as possible.

Helpful Information